Anne Wilson wrote:
On Friday 30 May 2003 5:54 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm in the market for a Compact Flash card reader and was hoping
you could tell me a brand and model that works for you. I am
looking at a SanDisk USB CF/Smart Media reader
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000068UXB/qid=1054312384/sr
=2-2/ref=sr_2_2/102-0362829-1464909 because it's cheap and I could
also use the Smart Media part.

Thanks,
Todd

I can't answer for that model, Todd. What I can say is that John and I have both been struggling to find one that works, without success. A number of people have Sandisk CF readers that work, and there is one model of Sandisk SM reader that I understand works, but I do not know anyone who has managed to get a dual standard reader working.

Anne

I somehow missed the original post, but I have the SanDisk CF/SM reader (SDDR-75) and got it to work under Mandrake. Under Mandrake 9.0, the darn thing would hang after a short while, but it seems better behaved under 9.1. There are some helpful ideas in the FAQ at http://www.linux-usb.org. The one that worked for me was

echo >/proc/scsi/scsi "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 1"

I had to do this twice because the SanDisk has two devices in it. I think I put this in rc.local (not booted to Mandrake at the moment.) Anne, if you have this device and would like more details, let me know.