-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of FemmeFatale
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 6:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Downloading MD ISOs

At 04:12 PM 5/31/2003 -0400, you wrote:
><Snips some catnip for hte poor wiskerless kitty wandering around hte list>

>Second, to make sure the iso is good before you try to download it again,
>there is a file on the mirror called md5sum.  in there is a checksum from a
>program called md5sum.  You can get a copy of this utility free on the
>Internet and use it against your iso.  then compare the output from your
iso
>to the file from the mirro.  If they match, your iso is good.  If they
don't,
>you need to get a new copy of the iso.  If you were already running linux,
>there is a utility called rsync which you can use to only download the part
>of the iso that is bad, but I don't think there is a windows version
>available, but I may be wrong.
>
>--
>Greg

Lets skip the "1024=1000 KB" discussion & not confuse the poor sod.

Seeing as you're on windows get MD5Summer.  Or email me offlist & I'll send
it do you.  Its fast & stupidly simple to use.   I'm sure you know how to
use google to find it if need be.

Nero isn't hard to use, read the help files for Nero.  They are in plain
english & useful to read for burning ISO's with step by step
instructions.  Lastly, use CDRW's.  Save the environment & your money.  YOu
can then reburn over top these cd's later should you wish to upgrade to MDK
9.2.

FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert