-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dennis Myers
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 6:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Downloading MD ISOs

On Saturday 31 May 2003 05:16 pm, KVPSTAFF wrote:
> geez...it looks to me,,,if I'm using md5sum.exe correctly..
> that the number in the file called: md5sums.91.asc
> is not the same as the file downloaded...
> this is ridiculous...that mandrake would allow mirrors
> that would mess up there files...like this...
> geez, doesn't mandrake check these mirrors at all?
> to make sure things like this doesn't happen?
> boy you mean I have to keep downloading the same file off numerous
> mirrors till one checks out...finally...
> that's stupid.

Not,  happens all the time, somebody dinks with the mirror or  a ftp
transfer
gets fubared, that is why all of the iso.s and a lot of the security rpms
have md5sums. So you can check em and make sure the d/l worked correctly.
It doesn't happen that often, but it does happen. Try a different mirror or
the same one with a new d/l.

--
Dennis M. linux user #180842