[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 05:43, Pradeep Sethi wrote:

When I try to update libdvdcss, it says everything already installed.
I couldn't find any option in uprmi to force updation.

any ideas ?

Thanks,

In a terminal, you can run the command:

rpm -Uivh --force libdvdcss-bla-bla.rpm

...this will FORCE the installation...
I removed libdvdcss by :

urpme libdvdcss2-1.2.6-1plf

after that, if I try to run dvd, I get messages :

Debug[ogle_nav]: Opening DVD at "/dev/dvd"
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdread: Could not open input: No medium found
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading
vm: faild to open/read the DVD

Then I installed installed libdvdcss by urmpi (libdvdcss2-1.2.6-1plf.i586.rpm)

but still get the error :

Debug[ogle_nav]: Opening DVD at "/dev/dvd"
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.6 for DVD access
libdvdread: Could not open device with libdvdcss.
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading
vm: faild to open/read the DVD

Thanks,

Pradeep

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://shopnow.netscape.com/