The location to which I was encoding was on hde1, and note the dma
errors relate to hde .. so I'm not sure what's up precisely. I certainly
hope my hard drive isn't about to explode.
I have unmounted hde1 and so hde lies idle at the moment.. but I do want
to solve the problems if I can..

--
                Azrael

Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave
of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it
would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

ICQ#52944566
Registered Linux User: 269002