privacy in browsering is cool..

just keep in mind that you have no right to expect ecommerce apps to work if
you make all authentication methods non functional...

Its a tough call, as a user, I know that for the most part, I'd prefer to be
anonymous
but as an e-commerce developer I know how hard it is to safely code apps
that work when users have blocked any method of authenticating them..

(like zonealarm and other personal firewalls and the HTTP_REFERER env
variable, or IP faking methods etc.. )

We have precious little authentication methods available to us now. If
people all start spoofing their details online then no-one can expect this
stuff to work anymore.

my point is turn it off when using online apps.

rgds

Franki