Hello Derek,

Sunday, June 8, 2003, 11:28:06 PM, you wrote:

DJ> In my experience privoxy works great out of the box for the vast
DJ> majority of sites.

Nice to hear. Ever use Proxomitron in Win? If so, how does it compare?

DJ> (Although I think the latest Opera7.11 no longer has that issue
DJ> anyway, and is in my opinion a *seriously* good browser)

Agreed, I like Opera too, but have not upgraded yet. :-)

DJ> After using privoxy for some time I am always shocked when I use a computer
DJ> away from home at how many adverts there are around the web. Privoxy makes
DJ> surfing much more peaceful :-)

That was exactly my experience in surfing with linux. :-) I haven't
seen all that flashing junk for years. I really need to fix it.

Do you use a host file and/or DNS filtering as well?

--
Thank you,
 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]