On Thursday 12 Jun 2003 4:47 am, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2003 02:05 am, Aron Smith wrote:

> To compound the felony, the second poster entered his message below
> his signature, the result being that his reply has disappeared.
> This is because KMail automatically deletes signatures and
> _everything_ below them.

Which brings up another point.  We often tell newbies about html, but
rarely do I see any mention of how to handle sigs.  If someone leaves
a sig in place and replies below, it is impossible to reply
correctly, as Carroll said, because everything below the '--' line
disappears.

Question is, if we are going to point newbies to some explanation of
why we don't use html, how and where do we tell them about this one?

Anne