Hello stormjumper,

>> That seemed to bring down everything - ssh remote quit responding,
>> could not log back in, no keys worked anywhere.

s> i'm sorry to hear that. i've just tried, and killing the pid of
s> startx brought down everything running on X.

I tried a few things WITHOUT the crash, and they seemed to work, but
not when I had the 'stellarium' crash. It might be that there was
something else going on when stellarium crashed/froze x. stellarium
crashed often enough that it was easy to check out. :-)

--
Thank you,
 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]