On 15 Jun 2003 at 13:07, JoeHill wrote:

> I had the same problem with an older machine. Couple of things you can
> try:
>
> Burn the CD at a lower speed. I have been told that CDs burned at
> higher speeds can be unreadable under certain circumstances.

I burned the CD at 4x, and i think my only other option is to burn it at
2x on my burner.  i can try that though and see if it works.

> If you cannot get it to recognize the CD after that, you can do what I
> did, and yes it will take awhile, but create a boot floppy for a
> network install, and install the whole shebang off the net.

Ok, i'll be getting back to you on that if i can't get the CD to do it.

> Bravo on trying the boot floppy though, did you get that from the
> Mandrake site?

Nope, read the Installation file on the CD and followed the
instructions.  there's a program in there to make a boot floppy while
in windows.

Thanks for the help.  i'll try to re-write the Cd again.