On 15 Jun 2003 at 15:34, JoeHill wrote:

> If I am not mistaken, Linux sees all cdrw as SCSI, nothing to worry
> about there.
>
> I wonder if it is just not recognizing your Philips drive...have you
> checked the Hardware Compatibility List? Does it give you a list of
> drivers to choose from? If so, look for yours, if you don't see it
> there may be a "generic" driver that will at least get you going.
>
> Don't give up, it's too late for that, we won't let you. If all else
> fails, there's the network install, then we get the system up and
> running and make sure your cdrw will work with Linux. Don't be afraid
> of the network install, it takes a lot longer, but hey, what's the
> rush on a lazy Sunday afternoon?

i'm going to check the list, although i'm not sure of the model
number of my drive...and since i'm having so many problems with
the CDs, can someone start walking me through doing a network
install please?  i'm on cable, so yeah, it'll take longer than a CD
install, but won't take absolutely FOREVER.  if anyone else has a
clue as to what i'm doing wrong burning these CDs, please help!
thanks!