Anne Wilson wrote:

The best bet is to follow g's line of questioning, to help him find out whether he actually has the capability at this moment.

maybe. i am going on experience of what i have run across here in u.s. of a., a whole lot of cdrw drive dumping, to make way for a lot of 4x dvd drive dumping.

something is bad wrong for crak600 to have trouble he is having.

i have had problems with these drives, both in my own w98se system
and with 8 w98se systems i maintain. drives do not work with supplied
software in w98se, but do work in nt, 2k, and me. reasons explained
in my 6:44 am post.

i have not checked out any phillips drives, and why i asked crak600
for model number so as to check phillips and nti sites.

peace out.

tc,hago.

.
--