On 16 Jun 2003 at 13:25, g wrote:

> JoeHill wrote:
>
> > IIRC, from my Windows days, ISOs show up as archives (the little
> > stack of books icon), I think that is the confusion. It's not really
> > a RAR archive, it's just that windows is stupid and tells you what
> > it *thinks* it is...
>
> ms windows is 'stupid'. yet, in w98se, a '.iso' file shows as a wavy
> flag on a single page and of type 'iso file'.
>
> i am still at wonder as to where '.rar' is coming from.

i told it to download NOT as an .rar file and it still downloaded that
way anyway.  it's a little stack of books, not a wavy flag on a single
page.

will physically take computer apart in a little bit here and get the
model number of the CD drive.

and will physically take it apart by removing the appropriate screws,
not by getting a hammer  :P