On Tuesday 17 June 2003 07:50 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking to upgrade to 4.3.0 on my Dell laptop running LM9. I
> downloaded all the rpms from the cooker but I'm not sure if it will install
> correctly on Mandrake 9. The reason for this is that I upgraded to a M9
> Radeon card and 4.2.0 doesn't have support for it. Apparently drivers are
> built into 4.3.0
>
> My question to the video pro's on the list....
> Can I upgrade my XFree86 4.2.0 to XFree86 4.3.0 using only the rpms from
> the cooker?
No, thew cooker rpms are built upon many libraries that do not exist on your
9.0 system  It is certainly guaranteed to break something

> > > If so, is there a proper order to install it or should I just use
--force?

I wouldn't do it, too much changed betwwen 4.3 and 4.3, not the least of which
is the inclusion of fontconfig in 4.3.  If you really want to upgrade to 4.3,
the way to go about it is to get the 4.3 src.spm from cooker and rebuild it
on your 9.0 box, thus compiling it against the libraries that do exist on
your system.  Of course, the sane way to get XFree 4.3 is to install 9.1
instead.

--
Greg