My 9.1 install went "so-so" on my "left" machine ( I simply replaced the drive - installed XP - left half of the 40 GB available - ) Four "things" failed to install - two from the first disk and two from the second disk. When Linux failed to boot , I selected "Linux - nonfb" and it booted .

What is "nonfb" ?

I have a system connecting to the web  (using the "nonfb" option) and the names of the four programs that didn't load. How can I attempt to install them. BTW each of the four items are readable and copyable from the CD's (using Windows" - same CD reader - same everything booting up in XP)

Ralph