> -press F9 to open the sidebar
> -select the "Bookmarks" tab (will then be selected the next time you
> open the sidebar)
> -arrange the bookmarks by alpabetical orer by clicking "Name" until
> satisfied (this only needs to be done the first time you manage your
> bookmarks in this manner)
> -scroll down to the folder in which you would like to place the bookmark
> -drag the icon to the left of the URL in the address bar straight to the
> folder
> -press F9 to close the sidebar (or leave it open)
>
> I don't know if this works in Galeon.

I will sign up for this! This is now my favorit way of bookmarking.  Thanks
for the tip!

Differences for galeon:

The sorting should be done in the bookmark editor.

Can't seem to drag icon, but you can RMB-->add here on the directory of
choice.

Bookmark _saving_ is one area where, i hate to say it, none of the browsers
i have tried in linux works as well as internet explorer.  Editing, that's
a diff story, but the bookmark filing in IE is pretty good.

eric