How can I add session types ( kde, gnome etc ) to users when you are not
yet on desktop.
I can drop to a root terminal, but what do I call ?

John

Later -----

I did,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# kde

_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already run
ning

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".
Please report problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# GOT SIGHUP startkde: Starting up... kbuildsycoca running... >> running as realtime process now (priority 50) mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding ERROR: kmix: Mixer cannot be found. Please check that the soundcard is installed and that the soundcard driver is loaded.

ERROR: kmix: Mixer cannot be found.
Please check that the soundcard is installed and that
the soundcard driver is loaded.

ERROR: kmix: Mixer cannot be found.
Please check that the soundcard is installed and that
the soundcard driver is loaded.

ERROR: kmix: Mixer cannot be found.
Please check that the soundcard is installed and that
the soundcard driver is loaded.

ERROR: kmix: Mixer cannot be found.
Please check that the soundcard is installed and that
the soundcard driver is loaded.

ERROR: kmix: Mixer cannot be found.
Please check that the soundcard is installed and that
the soundcard driver is loaded.

kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
[...]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KActionCollection::KActionCollection( QObject *parent, const char *name, KInstance *instance )

Which gets me to kde desktop but not via the gui login manager which does not give me the luxury of kde or gnome etc amoungst the session types in the dropdown menu.

Where do I go to add these desktops to the login managers session menu ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]