John Richard Smith wrote:
How can I add session types ( kde, gnome etc ) to users when you are not
yet on desktop.
I can drop to a root terminal, but what do I call ?

what are you trying to accomplish? end results? do you boot cl or x?

Later > I did, > [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# kde
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

if you boot, or, where already in 'x', this is proper.

need replies to above before trying below;

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# GOT SIGHUP
startkde: Starting up...
kbuildsycoca running...
><

if in x, dropped how ever to cl, return with '<alt+f7>'.

works for me when i '<ctrl+alt+fx>' [x=1,2,3,4,5,6] from x to cl.

also, cyoa. be very careful playing root. ;)

[how is monitor?]

peace out.

tc,hago.

.