eric huff wrote:

How can I add session types ( kde, gnome etc ) to users when you
are not yet on desktop.
I can drop to a root terminal, but what do I call ?

<big snip>

Where do I go to add these desktops to the login managers session
menu ?

I thin kthis is what you want. Here are excerpts from emails on Speednix (using pekwm as an example):

----------------------------------

From Derek:

It is quite easy to get an entry in kdm,gdm,Xtart Just define a file
/etc/X11/wmsession.d/19pekwm

Containing :-

NAME=pekwm
ICON=pekwm.png
EXEC=/usr/bin/pekwm   (or wherever your executable is)
DESC=Windowmanager based on the original blackbox-code
SCRIPT:
exec /usr/bin/pekwm

Then pekwm will come up as an option in kdm etc as the 19th Window Manager
(1 to 18 have already been defined by Mandrake)

derek
-----------------------------
From Todd:

Sweet, now I have entries for fluxbox, xfce4, oroborus, and pekwm.

I did have to go into /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc and add those to the
list there. I couldn't find a program that would do it. I thought maybe
it would scan /etc/X11/wmsession.d/ for you and update the list
automagiclly.

That looks like it , thanks, I will look into it some and report.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]