> try looking in /var/log/messages, very long script but you might find
> what your looking for there, or else in one of the log files in
> /var/log.

It says:

Jun 17 16:53:34 pc-00066 kernel: ACPI: Subsystem revision 20030122
Jun 17 16:53:34 pc-00066 kernel: ACPI: Disabled via command line
(acpi=off)

Can I enable it again from the command line or is it not as simple as
that?

Is there anything else I need to look at?

I read in one thing something about popt? Anybody know what that is and
whether its relevant?

John

--
I  have dreamed a dream but now that dream has gone from me.

MSN:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                ASCII ribbon campaign /\
ICQ:    92791912                               - against HTML email \/
                                                           & vCards /\