So, I got the DSL set up. I also spent the money to get a router. I decided I
didn't want to have to have my wife's computer depend on my machine being up
and running all the time. While I was waiting for the router to arrive I got
online and downloaded the iso's for 9.1. I didnt' have any problem whatsoever
burning them. I've installed 9.1, its great, I like it so far. Only one
little minor thing. I think I've seen someone else ask this on here, but I
don't remember what the solution was.

I still have a windows partition, its actually a whole separate drive. I can
see that the windows partition is there, but I can't access it unless I'm in
su mode. Now, I thought that I had the answer, I went into linuxconf and
pulled up filesystems and found the windows partition. I set something marked
"allow users to mount". Set it, updated it. And then tried to get the file
manager to go there. It locked up so hard I had to reboot. The net result of
that was that it screwed up my X-windows system and I ended up reinstalling
one more time because I couldn't remember that fix either. It was thing about
Xauthority.

So was I on the right track? I suspect that I needed to unmount it, set that
then mount it again. Is that right or is there another way?

Tom Williams