On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >
> >         I've been a Windows user for a very long time, an' an off
> > again, on again Linux newbie for a coupl'a years now.  Netscape
> > for Linux is just about as good as any version out there.  When
> > they added Communicator, I started using IE.  I grew to like IE,
> > one'hellof'alot'bettr'n Nscrape.  I find myself in about the same
> > situation now, 'cept IE's not an option any more, any time soon.
> > Besides Flight Simulator, I don't reckon Bill's gonna port IE to
> > Linux.
> >
> >         So in a short time I've gravitated to using StarOffice
> > for NewsGroups (a lot like IE), and lately, Kmail.  Still stuck
> > in NutScrape for surfin, with the exception of clickin' on links
> > in emails.  That brings up Kfm.  Well, guess what I found out....
> > (sorry if this has been beat to death)?
> >
> >         If you're a Win/Linux user like me, and you used IE to
> > surf a lot, you've got a whole bunch of bookmarks in your Windows\
> > Favorites folder, right?  You're in luck then. Copy your Favorites
> > folder to   /.kde/share/apps/kfm/bookmarks/   and start usin Kfm
> > to browse.  A gaar_run_teeeeed fix for NS!  All your URL's will
> > be right there workin' in the folders you put 'em in.
> > --
> > ..      Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      .
> >

> Tom....the last time i tried kfm as a net browser (mdk 5.2 or 5.3) it
> couldn't handle cookies at all.  I'll give it a try, I'm running 6.0
> now, thanks for the suggestion.

It now supports cookies. However, it still doesn't have near as good
html/java/macromedia support as even "nutscrape" :)

Has anyone out there tried Sun's HotJava browser? It tried it once under
NT and that was one of the few times that NT screwed up so bad I had to
reboot manually... I've heard that it works a lot better under unix
systems though.
Or maybe some other browser? I'm getting kind of tired of dealing with
Netscape myself and wish I had some other options... anyone?

> Alan

David van Balen                         mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Box 5054                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Clinton, MS 39058                       http://www.mc.edu/~vanbalen