On Saturday June 21 2003 12:21 am, eric huff wrote:
> I'm still trying to figure out if /boot should be seperate, but
> here is an example of mine:

> /dev/hda6             621M   86M  535M  14% /
> /dev/hda5             172M  6.4M  157M   4% /boot

     I've used a separate /boot since civileme recommended doin so
quite a while ago if your other partitions are journalized fs's. He
said to use ext2 or ext3 for /boot, specially with XFS or ReisersFS
/ and other partitions. So I do, particularly since civileme's
specialty was HDD, fs's and partition QA.

     I've found it handy at install time too. I run cooker and have
a lot of kernels in /boot. Havin 'em in a separate partition gives
me the option to keep 'em, or go ahead and reformat /boot to clear
it out when various cooker iso's start comin out.  Mines 46MB, and
over 20mb is used.  Most people would only need about a 20mb /boot.