On Saturday June 21 2003 09:46 am, eric huff wrote:
> Ahhhh!  If i were, theoretically, wanting to just reformat /boot,
> and rebuild it, how would i do that?
>
> I had this exact need last weekend...

    Disclaimer:  I've never done this!  But I believe you could do
an install with the first CD, choosing only to reformat /boot.

   Why did you want to reformat /boot?  If it was just a matter of
links and files you messed up in /boot, I believe I'd just use
'rpm -ivh --force kernel...mdk...rpm' to replace the kernel links,
files, and packages for the kernel you want, but is already
installed. Reboot. Even tho there might be nothin wrong with the
kernel, this will fix /boot and get the links properly pointing
again.