> On Saturday June 21 2003 09:46 am, eric huff wrote:
>> Ahhhh!  If i were, theoretically, wanting to just reformat /boot, and
>> rebuild it, how would i do that?
>>
>> I had this exact need last weekend...
>
>     Disclaimer:  I've never done this!  But I believe you could do
> an install with the first CD, choosing only to reformat /boot.
>
>    Why did you want to reformat /boot?  If it was just a matter of
> links and files you messed up in /boot, I believe I'd just use

I had resized the ntfs partition (which worked) but managed to screw up
the next one (/boot) to where it was corrupted.  Tried fscking, but
couldn't fix it.
Then tried reinstalling and only formatting /boot, but i still had problems.

Looking back, though, i think it may have actually been a video problem.
For some reason, i often have to fiddle with video config before i get it
to work right.  If i ever install again and have problems, i will spend
some time comparing the X config file.

Anyway, i got to do a new fresh install, and in the end have more space
(because i only installed my favorite progs this time) and better
partition organization...

eric