On 22 Jun 2003 17:54:27 -0500
Langsley T Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK John, I copied the new fstab file you provided to the etc directory.
>
> On boot up I now get two FAILED lines.
>
> The first one reads:
> Supermount error (device 0/12) supermount_read_sup er:no dev: <file
> system> option
>
> The second reads:
> Mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock or none, or too many
> mounted file systems
>
> However the two drives appear to be working as expected.
>
> My CD ROM drive now appears as device scd0 in the hardware list.
> Mount point: /mnt/cdrom
> Device: scd0
> Type: auto
>
> My CDRW drive once again appears on my mandrake command center twice,
> once as /dev/hdb and once as /dev/scd1.
> For mount point it says /mnt/cdrw.
> Device is scd1
> Type auto
> Options supermount,ro,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,unmask=0
>
> Again thanks for the unbelievable amount of assistance. Believe me it is
> truly appreciated!!

Since your cd drives are working, I suggest you backup all your data,
then upgrade to 9.1 doing a fresh install. Then everything will be fixed
(Also, 9.1 automatically sets up SCSI emulation for detected burners).

Hope you get it working!

John Drouhard

--
Sun Jun 22 20:27:56 UTC 2003
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.