On 22 Jun 2003 11:41:04 -0500
Langsley T Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi John.
>
> When I logged on this morning after checking my email I checked the
> status of my CDRW drive. To my dismay I discovered that I no longer have
> a working CDRW, either as supermount or as SCSI. It no longer appears on
> my hardware list at all and is completely unavailable.
>
> You asked for my fstab and lilo files which I'm including below.
>
> My fstab currently (following reboot this AM) reads:
>
>  /dev/hda6 / ext3 defaults 1 1
> none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
> /dev/hda8 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
> none /mnt/hdb supermount
> dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
> none /mnt/floppy supermount
> dev=/dev/fd0,fs=vfat,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,codepage=850 0
> 0
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0
> /dev/hda5 /mnt/win_d vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0
> none /proc proc defaults 0 0
> /dev/hda7 swap swap defaults 0 0

May I ask what "hardware list" you are talking about? Is it harddrake?
Or dmesg? I am beginning to think that you may need to reinstall linux.
What version are you running? Try typing mount -a as root in a terminal.
Then check /mnt/hdb when you have a cd in the drive. If it's empty or
not accessible, then there is something wrong. Oh ya, what is your
/dev/scd0? Do you have another scsi device that isn't a cd? If you do,
change your fstab so that the dev=/dev/scd0 becomes /dev/scd1.

John Drouhard

--
Sun Jun 22 12:52:01 UTC 2003
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.