Todd Slater wrote:

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 03:35:48PM +0000, John Richard Smith wrote:

I installed gkrellm 2.1.7 off the mandrake discs,

Sometimes , not every time, I get a shutdown error message about some
line 254 which flashes by at great speed , and am unable to read all. I
think I'm right in that it refers to gkrellmd, but I'm not entirely
sure.

<snipote>

I thought *d referred to a daemon, and I don't think gkrellm acts as a
daemon. Check man gkrellm and there is no mention of it running in
daemon mode, or of the file you refer to in /etc/rc.d. I don't have that
file in /etc/rc.d/*

No mention of a daemon in man or -help
but maybe this /etc/rc.d/init.d/gkrellmd isn't really a daemon.

you see when you go searching for this file it comed up/etc/rc0.d and I click on it, and it opens
/etc/rc.d/init.d, so where the /rc.d bit comes from I know not. A bit odd .

Are you using KDE?

yes,

How are you starting gkrellm?

On the command line in a terminal,

How are you exiting?

rightmouse click the header bar to quit, or something like that.

Todd

However I get this message regardless of whether I have been using gkrellm, so I don't have to of had it up and running. Indeed upon first sight, I thought that's strange didn't use the thing, so it sort of suggested that maybe some other programme has been running it in the background maybe ? Just a thought.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]