On Sunday June 15 2003 12:06 pm, Chris wrote:

> It works!!!  The pc health shows cpu temp, mobo temp, fan speed
> and voltages. The power supply btw is an Enermax 330W max and
> says it meets P4 specs.  I rewrote my rc.local and ran the script
> as root and voila, gkrellm reports everything.  Thanks for the
> help Tom, its people like you and others on this list that make
> learning linux easier.
>
> Chris

  Enermax is currently one'a the best, sounds great! Does it also
have the special P4 connector? But, not sure from your success
(BTW, congratulations ;) what fixed it?  Please tell us just what
you did, so others on the list might know. The manual said only cpu
temp an fan speeds, but the picture sort'a indicated some voltages
too, as the web site also stated. Do you get 'em?  Was it just
re-rerunin 'sensors-detect'? Was it usin 'lm75'? ...an so on.
Anyhow, it points to the old adage... never give up ;)

    Now you can configure gkrellm to display just what you want.
FWIW, I only concern my self with cpu temp and the cpu load gauge.
I run it so just those two functions just fit on any window's title
bar, positioned on the right side near the minimize, reduce, close
buttons. All desktops, always on top, auto starts with KDE.

   The load gauge turns red an slaps me in the face when I do
somethin that causes 100% cpu usage or processes gone wild. Both of
which you don't wanna let go unchecked very too long. The temp
gauge reminds me I need to turn the house's A/C temp down some, or
clean the cpu's fan/heatsink. I'm lazy, I just run the A/C a little
lower ;)