On Tuesday 24 Jun 2003 3:59 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> I'm thinking about dual booting the same OS but updating the second
> to test.
>

> Second install will use it's own /etc/lilo.conf  file.
> but this is likely to be the naff OS , especially if it goes wrong
> with the updates.

Before you start, amend the existing stanza, renaming it any way you
want.  Then when the new one installs it includes all the others it
finds.  It will, of course, be default, but that's easily changed.

I wouldn't have thought you need anything more exotic.  As far as I
can see you won't be doing anything risky to the kernel, so messing
up anything else won't matter on the second install.

Alternatively, you could always make your experiments on the new
install, keeping the old one as a fall-back.

Anne