I'm running MDK 9.1 on an AMD K6-2/550. Recently, I imported well over
a thousand I.E. Favorites into Konqueror. Konqueror has been really
stable and smooth up to this point, but now I'm getting a rather
weird result whenever I use KEditBookmarks. It takes the better part
of a minute for the applet to load. When it finally does, any editing
takes around thirty seconds to complete. The first half of that time
period, you witness and incomplete screen rewrite. The second half,
everything looks normal but the program is locked up as it continues
to finish the process. The applet functions, but just takes way too
long!

Has anyone experienced this and/or have any ideas as to what's
happening and should be done to resolve the problem? Is this just a
fact of too many bookmarks for my processor and/or Konqueror to
handle? Any suggestions as to where to look to solve this problem is
appreciated. I have other browsers, but would rather stay with
Konqueror for now.

TIA,