On Wednesday 25 June 2003 08:11 am, Stephen Kuhn graced me with:
> <snip>
> > Has anyone experienced this and/or have any ideas as to what's
> > happening and should be done to resolve the problem? Is this just
> > a fact of too many bookmarks for my processor and/or Konqueror to
> > handle? Any suggestions as to where to look to solve this problem
> > is appreciated. I have other browsers, but would rather stay with
> > Konqueror for now.
> >
> > TIA,

> I'd venture to say it's got something to do with 1.) the amount of
> bookmarks, 2.) file system performance and 3.) HD optimisation.
>
> (Then again, I always say that, don't I?)

Stephen! That's not fair! You covered all your bases with that shotgun
approach. ;0)

I don't doubt all those contribute to my problem. However, I was
wondering about the way KDE stores and indexes (if any) the
bookmarks. I haven't had the time to sort through all the imported
links, but many were three levels down, and therefore are up to four
levels down now. Maybe, KDE has a problem working with that kind of
hierarchy?

I have to sort though all these links, anyway. Many are now dead. As I
reorganize them, dropping the dead and no longer intersting ones, I
hope to find a workable compromise.

Thanks for jumping in, Stephen.

Anyone else experienced this?