Hi

Looks I am getting closer. dmesg complains a lot about the DVD drive.
I have attached the output from dmesg at the bottom.

I can play Audio CDs and can also rip through grip in this drive.
Also I can play DVDs in this drive from windows.

any ideas greatly appreciated.

-Pradeep

>MSDOS FS: IO charset iso8859-15
hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: command error: error=0x54
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 0
FAT: unable to read boot sector
FAT: freeing iocharset=iso8859-15
EXT2-fs: Unrecognized mount option umask
UDF-fs DEBUG lowlevel.c:57:udf_get_last_session: XA disk: no, vol_desc_start=32
UDF-fs DEBUG super.c:1426:udf_read_super: Multi-session=0
UDF-fs DEBUG super.c:415:udf_vrs: Starting at sector 16 (2048 byte sectors)
hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: command error: error=0x54
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 64
UDF-fs DEBUG super.c:1162:udf_check_valid: Failed to read byte 32768. Assuming open
disc. Skipping validity check
hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: command error: error=0x54
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 1339176
hdc: command error: error=0x54
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 30
hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: command error: error=0x54
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 31
cdrom: open failed.
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
cdrom: open failed.
cdrom: open failed.
cdrom: open failed.
UDP: bad checksum. From 200.171.144.216:1030 to 64.175.69.200:137 ulen 58