A new problem.  Asus A7V333 motherboard with RAID disabled - Promise
controller.  Only ide0 and ide1 visible to the BIOS.  I need to plug
in an old IDE drive in ide2 or ide3.  I assume that RAID has to be
enabled for the BIOS (and Linux) to see these slots, but I do not want
to use RAID.  Just want to have a third IDE slot.  The manual only
talks about setup for RAID proper and all the discussions on the net
seem to assume that people will always want RAID 0, 1 or whatever.
First, is it possible to bypass the RAID setting, and second, will
changing the jumper wipe or damage the data in any way, on either
ide0 (hda) or ide2 (hdc)?

--
Len Lawrence
The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.