Hi,

You can add an "special button" in the systray (i'm using KDE as my
current desktop) called "printing system" or so (sorry, i've got the
spanish KDE localized version and i don't know exactly how it's called
in english). By clicking in one of the little up-arrows in the KDE "task
menu", select pannel menu > add > special button > printing system. A
menu-button (button that expands a menu) with a printer in it will be
placed in the kde bar, and you can easily administrate your printer jobs
clicking in the menu entry with your printer name --and even configure
it through "preferences" or "printing administration".

You can also start the printer jobs administrator by typing

kjobviewer

in the console.

You can access, as derek says, to a web browser interface using the URI
he posted. But using Konqueror -and only Konqueror- just type print:/ to
access to different printer related services, or print:/jobs to see your
printer jobs status, although you're using LDP instead of CUPS.

Personally, I don't like web interfaces very much -- it's slower

(Sorry for my bad english... :">)