At 02:13 PM 6/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
On Saturday 28 June 2003 03:57 pm, Tsyko wrote:
> If you boot of the windows cd again go to the dos prompt and type ´fdisk
> /mbr´ without the quotes and this should take away the lilo partioning...
>
> That´s how I have done it in the past.

THANK YOU!

it works now. i'm happier now :)

now i have to diagnose hardware and see what it's power problems are although
it could've been software problems.  once i figure that out, it's time to try
to find an ethernet card for it to hook it up to the router and get it
onilne.  thanks again!

Mike

Best little laptop i've ever owned is a Panasonic Toughbook. They live up to their namesake. Trust me...you can pound it all you want it won't break. :D

I use a Xircom Cardbus 100+ Modem 56 card. Worth 500$ but uses a normal Cat-5 cable to attach to it for LAN purposes... so no proprietary dongle here. :) Very nice... lets you use standardized cables & is very reliable. They've come down in price being a cardbus card so you may want to get one of these as opposed to a NIC with a proprietary interface for your cables.

HTH

FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert