On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 10:51, Linus Drouhard wrote:
> Stephen,
>       I have the same problem with the Nvidia drivers.  The only thing that works ok
> is xawtv capturing direct off the video capture card with the device called out as
>
>       xawtv -c /dev/v4l/video0
>
> Everthing else, EVERY other player gives me blue garbage or a smear on the screen.
> Well, that's not quite true.  They are ok in full screen mode.  The only fix I could
> find was to use the nv drivers.
>
> I would really like to figure this one out as well, cause I can't play Tux now.
>
> Linus

Well, since it's been quiet, I've been playing around with the settings
in YANC (what a great way to muck around with your XWindows settings for
an NVidia card without hosing up the entire shebang!)(Highly recommended
for those that have NVidia cards...seriously)...and I've managed to
"clean" up the vid display a tad more - but now I'm lazy again, and
don't want to reboot the box, so I'll keep tampering...

PS:
I wonder if this one setting would work - it's in my XF86Config-4 and
the line reads:

Module Option   Make_squiggly_lines_in_video_playback = 1

(g)
--
Mon Jun 30 21:45:01 EST 2003
 21:45:01 up 5 days, 21:31,  3 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.09, 1.08

In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence ...
in time every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent
to carry out its duties ... Work is accomplished by those employees who
have not yet reached their level of incompetence.
                -- Dr. Laurence J. Peter, "The Peter Principle"