Dennis Myers wrote:
On Tuesday 01 July 2003 09:08 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 09:04, Dennis Myers wrote:

Did you get this fixed? Which player are you using. I have the same
troubles with mplayer but aviplayer works fine. You can even sync to
video and sound in configuration file, if you need to . HTH

Nah - still ain't got it straight yet. Every video player - xine,
aviplay, mplayer - they all have a wonderful bit of garbage running down
the right-hand .5 cm of the video window. I'm still doing some mucking
around with YANC - but ain't looking good. I guess I should have stuck
to the old NVidia kernel drivers...

Well, YMMV applies again. I have no problems using a Nvidia Gforce 2 DDR  64MB
card and the new .run drivers from their web site. Except that I get a very
checkerboard colorfull screen when I try to play a .avi file in mplayer. I am
guessing configuration or a file I may be missing. None the less it appears
that the NVidia drivers will function with .avi files. Continue the hunt?

That's weird.

I'm using an NVidia GeForce 2 32MB card with the 4363 drivers from NVidia without any trouble.  I built them against kernel-2.4.21-0.18mm-mdk.

.avi files play fine in mplayer.  Do you have the most recent version of mplayer and all it's associated codecs?

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
				-Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)