On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:43:44 -0400
Thomas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there any sort of tool that will take an MP3 and do a CDDB lookup?
> What I'm looking for has been done in another application that is
> available for windows called MusicMatch. I was hoping there was at
> least a tool like MP3Info that would read the tags and/or do a CDDB
> lookup.
>
> Tom Williams

Far as I know, cddb is just for cd's.

If it's an mp3, the tag needs to have been written to the mp3 itself.
xmms will display this information, for example when you are viewing the
playlist editor, click "misc" then "info".

There are command-line tools that will let you read the id3 tags (try
mp3info?). Also, there's a big ol gui program that'll let you
write/modify id3 tags for mp3's and ogg's, called easytag.

Todd

--
The Axis of Evil is Bush, Cheney, and Ashcroft.