I have successfully installed linux-mandrake 6.0 on my system, a
200 mHz pentium with a S3 ViRGE/ VX video card (4MB memory)
and a Mag Innovision DX1795 monitor.
Autoprobing successfully identifies the video card, and i then select
the DX1795 monitor. the Xconfig test states that i can use 32-bit,
1024 x 768 resolution; HOWEVER, this setting and the numerous
other resolutions and custom monitor settings I have tried do not
work completely: I can get a KDE desktop with icons, but no
mouse other than a 1-inch long vertical line that disappears and
then reappears (occasionally). I have a Logitec 2-button mouse,
configured for 3-button emulation.

Any help on additional settings or documentation that may help me
get things running would be appreciated. I checked the
/usr/X11r6/lib/X11/doc/README.Monitors file, but found no info
pertinent to the Mag DX1795.

thanks --> Scott