I got a serious problem with X when I make a new instalation of Mandrake
6.1. I installed it on a machine with a previous Mandrake 6.0, working fine
with X - KDE.

When I got my Mandrake 6.1 CD I backuped my machine and I formatted it and
make a full instalation of 6.1 (with all packages). All process was ok. But
when I tried config X, after choose my video board (trident 975image AGP)
and the correct monitor (custom - The same setup I made with 6.0) and when
the sistem try to run the test, I only get a blank screen with white lines
on top (sometimes when I move the mouse, this line desapears).

Ok, so I try install Red Hat 6.1 and everything works fine - with the same
video board and monitor setup. Mandrake 6.0 and Red Hat 6.1 works with my
video board and Mandrake 6.1 doesn't work, why?

Since I prefer Mandrake, I don't want to use Red Hat 6.1....

Does somebody know what is wrong ?

Regards,

Anderson Miranda
Virtualcase Brasil