On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 15:58, Mike "yomcat" Welsh wrote:

> I want to know how to partition my drive while retaining all my current data
> without losing anything. Auto allocate gives me an error about no RAM disk
> or something like that. I got 384MB RAM.
>
> About the single root partition, are you saying that I can run it off my Mac
> partition somehow?
>
> Last time, I partitioned the drive but lost all my info.

The idea is NOT to use ONE partition.
One partition is for the MacOS
You have actually three partitions (if not more)
So you're going to need a /boot partition and at least a / partition
(aside from the partition where your MacOS lives)

There's information about the PPC installation on the Mandrake site, and
there used to be a few PPC users in here, but they're elsewhere now, or
just playing invisible...

--
Thu Jul 10 22:30:00 EST 2003
 22:30:00 up 4 days, 2 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.08, 0.08

History repeats itself -- the first time as a tragi-comedy, the second
time as bedroom farce.