If you install fetchmail on your system and configure it to collect your
pop3 mail..

it will by default hand your mail to postfix which will pass it to procmail
for local delivery..

I have been doing it that way for ages..

Here is an example .fetchmailrc

set postmaster "postmaster"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set daemon 1000
set logfile /var/log/mail/fetchmail

poll pop.xxx.xxx.com with proto POP3
       user 'xxxxxxx' there with password 'xxxxxxxx' is 'franki' here
options fetchall

That will run fetchmail as a daemon and it will check for mail every 1000
seconds.
any mail it collects is handed to postfix. (which on my system uses
amavis-new,
Trend filescan for linux and Spamassassin to scan the mail for spam and
viri)
and then postfix hands the mail to procmail for local delivery. (which the
other
machines on your lan can use pop3 to collect.)

hope that helps..

regards

Franki