On Saturday 19 Jul 2003 12:11 am, Bill Winegarden wrote:
> Hi,
>       I finally took the plunge and installed 9.1. I really like the new
> look and it seems to function flawlessly......except.....
> In Konq (or any app) whenever I try to access /mnt , it freezes and
> has to be killed. I checked my fstab and found that there are 2
> entries for a single floppy drive. This is my laptop and I replaced
> the floppy with a cdrw. 9.1 picked that up nicely. So, I commented
> out the floppy line and the only result I got was, the cdrom icons
> disappeared off the desktop. I removed my change and I'm back to
> the packaged fstab.
>       Checking the archives, there doesn't seem to be much on supermount
> or fstab since 9.1 was released. Here is my fstab....perhaps some
> may have suggestions.
>
> /dev/hda6 / reiserfs notail,noatime 1 1
> none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> none /mnt/cdrom supermount
> dev=/dev/hdb,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0
> 0 0 none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
> dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=
>0 0 0 none /mnt/floppy supermount
> dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850,umask
>=0 0 0 #none /mnt/floppy supermount
> dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850,umask
>=0 0 0 /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat
> iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0 none /proc proc
> defaults 0 0
> /dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
>
> I really like the supermount, so I would like to hang on to it if
> possible.

Supermount has always worked well on this system.  Here are my
cd/dvd/fd0 lines for you to compare:

none /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/hdb,fs=auto,ro,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850 0 0
none /mnt/cdrw supermount
dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount
dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850 0
0

As you see, they are almost identical to yours, though they each
contain 'user'

This may be heresy, but I have a gut feeling that fstab doesn't like
commented out lines.  I had problems in the past with a similar
situation and I know others who have.  Why not save a copy to
fstab.sav then delete the duplicate line?  Can't do any harm, and may
just help.

Anne