Bill Winegarden wrote:

Hi,

In Konq (or any app) whenever I try to access /mnt , it freezes and has to be killed. I checked my fstab and found that there are 2 entries for a single floppy drive. This is my laptop and I replaced the floppy with a cdrw. 9.1 picked that up nicely.

So you don't have a Floppy at all ?
Or you did have two floppy drives, and now you have one ?

Checking the archives, there doesn't seem to be much on supermount or fstab since 9.1 was released. Here is my fstab....perhaps some may have suggestions.

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdb,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0 none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0 none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

I really like the supermount, so I would like to hang on to it if possible.

Bill W.

Supermount is very much a work in progress, not much is written up yet.
I have never owned a laptop, so experiece with their ide layout is unfamiliar to me.

So then, what is the ide layout ?
Ide0 = Hardrive(s)
Ide1 = cdrom and writer , master and slave in that order ?

Or is it,
Ide0 = harddrive and writer,  configured mater and slave ?

Assuming the first layout,

Harddrive = /dev/hda

cdrom = /dev/hdc
writer = /dev/hdb but is it scsi-emulated in /etc/lilo.conf as hdd=ide-scsi ?

so, under supermount , cdrom and writer fstab entries look to be correct..

The floppy entry looks correct, if you still have one.

If it doesn't work then maybe it's a hardware related issue.
first try, cdrecord -scanbus to make sure it's on the bus.
Then there are further commands to issue to test the capability of the drives, but I cannot rememebr what they are. Maybe Tom Brinkman can jog our memories.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]