On Saturday 19 July 2003 12:09 pm, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> If I want to leave DHCP enabled so as to allow me to bring several
> computers from work home and connect them to my home LAN and move files
> around on the LAN, what are my "alternatives" to lmhosts on both the linux
> and win side? Paul

Paul, (sorry) I missed the first part of this thread. What is the problem?
I've got a DLink model DL-604 router, for cable-modem service that I have 3
comps hooked to. It does DHCP, handing out the IPs to the machines, but I've
still got the IPs locked under Linux, and Windows just grabs them. I can ping
by IP or hostname on all 3, and copy files via NFS or Samba, depending on
which OS my sons are (dual) booted into. I don't dual boot but they do
because of a few games.

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord