On Monday 03 November 2003 3:50 am, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> I have a home network w/ MDK 9.1 and W2K using Samba.  Periodically, all
> the connections disappear.  (I haven't yet figured out what the trigger
> is.)  In order to get them back I have to re-stop the iptables service even
> though it is defaulted not to start when the host starts up.

Humm. I have a home network using NFS and Samba (whenever I get it running),
but I never have such problems, at least with the connections disappearing.
At least for NFS, they are always there.

I am caused to wonder however, about what you are doing with IP-Tables? On a
home network, I don't see any reason to run it, unless you are fire walling
the server with it. In that case, I would use another box, maybe a P-90 to be
your firewall, and let the home side of the network be open to all.

Rob

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.