I changed the configuration of my home network and now am having problems
seeing the machines from each other.

Formerly, I shared an internet connection from one machine and had a switch to
connect the local machines.  The ethernet card on the internal network had a
fixed IP address as did all the local machines.  The local machines used a
gateway IP address and a fixed DNS server address (from the ISP).  I used
Samba and was able to see all the local machines from the linux box (LM9.1).
On the Windows side (W2k), the samba shares appeared in Network Neighborhood.

Now I have a router on the network which dynamically assigns IP address to the
LAN and all the machines are set to DHCP.  Initially I made no changes to my
Samba setup other than to update the IP addresses of the LAN machines in
/etc/samba/lmhosts).  I can no longer see the LAN machines from my Linux box
(although I can ping them all by IP address or name).  From the Windows side,
although I can find my samba shares by "search for computer" and subsequently
force a virtual drive mapping, I can no longer see the machines under network
neighborhood, nor can I manually create a virtual drive map under "connect
network drive".

I'd like to be able to get at my winboxes from the lin box, and understand the
win weirdness.

Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it?

TIA
Paul