On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:21:33 -0500
Brooks Family <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I'm not real big on KDE either.  I like Gnome because it seems to be
> very configurable and looks smoother than KDE.
>
> What do you mean by "Bloat"?

like having to load a whole bunch of background processes just to run
the browser; it takes about 30 seconds to start up on my P3 866 with
392MB of RAM; etc.

I like *fast*, like Pekwm <G>, but I am a big promoter of other WM's,
like XFCE (version 4 is looking really sweet), Fluxbox is pretty nice,
and if you want *serious* eye candy, try Waimea, tho devel on that one
has been kinda stagnant of late. Too bad, it's a great project!
Transparent *everything* (if you want), really cool themes, and you can
even run different WM's and Desktops in one Waimea session, from what
I've read.

Try XFCE4, you will really like it if you like Gnome, and it has all the
features from what I can see, supports Gnome themes, and is a *lot*
lighter!

--
Joehill
Registered Linux user #282046