Hi,

When I try to load kword from the command line I get this:

QUOTE
$ kword
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the native MimeType in
kword's desktop file. Check your installation !
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
UNQUOTE

I usually use Windowmaker, but I noticed that KDE seemed to have lost some
of the links from the bottom task and is generally messed up.  This is
true for *all* users.

Kmail and kppp work just fine (thanks God!).

This might have been caused by a recent data loss on my ext3 filesystem
suring shutdown.

What should I do?  Reinstall all of KDE?  Make a complete upgrade from
Mdk9 to Mdk9.1?  I do not really need Kword (I use OpenOffice which works
fine) but I do use plenty of KDE apps and the kmail/kppp pair is vital for
me.

And what's a "MimeType on kword's dektop file" anyway?

Thanks!

Andrei

--
Linux-Mandrake 9 (Dolphin)